Sunday, January 24, 2010

Diagramming Arguments for Study



On the left is a picture of a type of argument diagram.
Douglas N. Walton uses the araucaria program, but I don't use it as much as I use this type of  form mixed with flowcharting conventions by hand. I use the software sometimes, but I mostly do diagrams using the tools I already know.
Here are a couple of links to PDF Documents by Walton explaining what diagramming arguments is good for.

Araucaria as a Tool for Diagramming Arguments in Teaching and Studying Philosophy
 

Argument Visualization Tools for Corroborative Evidence

Douglas N. Waltons' site, University of Windsor
ARGUMENT VISUALIZATION SOFTWARE

Araucaria
Argunet
Automated Argument Assistance
Carneades
Compendium
Debategraph
Debatepedia
Rationale

1 comment:

christophermencken said...

Great website. Keep up the good work. I'm going to try to read this regularly. Helps me think smarter about everything in life.